Inbound marketing tips definitely have some advantages for sales teams in improving the volume and quality of their sales. Below are 10 tips as methods of use to support your sales teams.
1. Create a landing page which each of your Sales Persons can call their own – This allows each of them to build a page that is unique and makes them feel like they are part of the marketing process. When sending out emails they can have a URL pointing back to their landing page.
2. Ears and Eyes for Sales – When the marketing department participate in social media leads can be passed onto the sales people earlier on in the process.
3. Lower Salesforce Costs – Prospecting is very expensive for sales people moving a prospective buyer from awareness to a point of decision. The highest and best use is moving a qualified lead from point point decision to a point of action, as soon as possible. It is less expensive to leakage inbound marketing tips that will pull a prospect into the sales funnel rather than use a sales person to mange the whole process.
4. Interface to Work Directly With Marketing – many traditional forms of marketing do not engage sales people in lead generation execution and development. Inbound marketing tips allow them to participate directly and build a stronger brand. Examples are blogging, responding to questions posted in social media platforms and tracking leads.
5. Direct Selling To Be Supported By Assets – Blog posts, whitepapers, ebooks presentations and other assets can be used to help sales people add value and convert leads during the direct sales process. Assets developed to be effective in converting leads from a website are better than using methods from traditional means ie brochures etc. This is because they are designed to add value and bring people in.
6. A breath of fresh air from Push vs Pull Selling – most organizations, small and medium businesses that rely on direct selling have failed to notice that buyers behaviors have changed. This shift requires companies to think about how to add value and empower customers to choose them. Inbound marketing tips puts the customer at the heart of all the decision making and puts the company in a position to retain their existing customers.
7. The Lead Generation gap can be filled – This can be for outside sales people. They struggle to reach their sales goals because they are unable to convert enough prospects to leads and leads to prospects and leads to customers. Inbound marketing tips can help sales people reach their goals by spending more time with qualified leads.
8. Closed knit Customer acquisition from Click to Close drives out Sales Expenses – Using strategies mentioned above will streamline the cost of customer acquisition, because sales and marketing are able to work collaboratively.
9. Sales teams can resonate with KPIs – When measuring success, traditional outbound marketing measure what a marketing department does ie brand awareness building. Inbound marketing tips are measured on visitor to lead and lead to customer.
10. Culture centered on success – The organization from top to bottom operates under the same umbrella of adding value to the customer relationship and commitment.